Fluffy Oatmeal Cinnamon Pancakes
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
¾ cup all-purpose flour, or gluten free baking flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup cold milk, non dairy alternative
2 scoops/bottle the egg., unprepared
1 tsp cider vinegar
1 tbsp maple syrup, or your favourite liquid sweetener
1 tbsp melted butter, or oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
- COMBINE oats, flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl and mix well.
- WHISK together milk, the egg. and vinegar in a medium bowl, let stand for 5 minutes. Add melted butter, maple syrup, and vanilla to the bowl with the milk and whisk until smooth.
- WHISK wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients until batter is smooth and lump free.
- HEAT and grease a large skillet over medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup of pancake batter into skillet, gently press batter into a 4 inch circle. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly dry around the sides and little bubbles appear, flip and continue cooking until both sides are lightly golden. Repeat with remaining batter, adding additional butter or oil in between batches as needed.
- SERVE pancakes with extra maple syrup and fresh berries