Breakfast Burritos with Avocado Pico de Gallo
¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
2 tbsp chopped red onion
1 cup baby spinach
1 tsp tex-mex spice mix
4 scoops/2 bottles the egg.
¼ cup black beans, drained and rinsed
2 10 inch whole wheat tortillas
¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
Avocado Pico de Gallo
1 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
1 tbsp red onion, minced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh lime juice
- HEAT a drizzle of oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the bell pepper and onion, cook for 2-3 minutes, or until until tender. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted and any extra liquid has evaporated, about 2 minutes. Stir in spice mix and cook for 30 seconds. Wipe skillet clean and increase heat to medium-high.
- WHISK (or prepare in bottles) the egg. with 280 ml of water and 1 tbsp of oil until smooth. Pour into preheated pan and cook without stirring for 45 seconds. Continue to cook for 7 to 8 minutes using a rubber spatula to push egg around the pan.
- WHILE the egg cooks; in a small bowl mix together all pico de gallo ingredients, season with a little salt and pepper.
- DIVIDE the cooked egg between 2 tortillas. Top with a sprinkle of shredded cheese and a spoonful of pico de gallo.
- FOLD up wrap and serve alongside any extra pico de gallo.